"Blues in All Flavors" Learning Activities
Introduction to the Learning Activities
THE OBJECT OF THIS CD IS THREEFOLD
1. For the listener, young or old, to ENJOY;
2. The lyrics serve to deliver MESSAGES ABOUT HOW TO LIVE LIFE — to develop positive attitudes, to encourage response/ability, to respect diversity, to promote good health, to love the environment, etc.; and,
3. To share many different flavors/forms of blues music — to show that blues is not always sad and does not always sound the same; to show the RANGE OF BLUES STYLES.
THE OBJECT OF THE LEARNING ACTIVITIES
While the songs themselves deliver life lessons, in order to reinforce them, fun learning activities have been created. By being interactive, i.e. hands-on activities, the learners are able to remember the lessons much better.
The activities have been developed to INCREASE CREATIVITY by:
- Producing creative projects
- Ridding boredom & promoting self-enjoyment
- Encouraging questioning
- Varying approaches
- Problem solving
- Doing physical activities
- Enjoying research. . . etc.
An adjunct objective is that PARENTS and TEACHERS work directly with listeners and HAVE FUN LEARNING!
- Some activities are for younger listeners, some for older, i.e., AGE APPROPRIATE
- Some activities relate to the messages/LYRICS of the song and some relate to the MUSIC of the song
- There are SUPPORTING LINKS in the activities (Note: some of the links have advertisements. We are not sponsored by them and do not support them.)
- There are VOCABULARY WORDS related to each song
- A few activities require equipment (e.g., magnifying glass), but most use HOUSEHOLD ITEMS