"Blues in All Flavors" Learning Activities
© Gaye Adegbalola
Introduction to the Learning ActivitiesTHE OBJECT OF THIS CD IS THREEFOLD~~
1. For the listener, young or old, to ENJOY;
2. The lyrics serve to deliver MESSAGES ABOUT HOW TO LIVE LIFE -- to develop positive attitudes, to encourage response/ability, to respect diversity, to promote good health, to love the environment, etc.; and,
3. To share many different flavors/forms of blues music -- to show that blues is not always sad and does not always sound the same; to show the RANGE OF BLUES STYLES.
THE OBJECT OF THE LEARNING ACTIVITIES~~
While the songs themselves deliver life lessons, in order to reinforce them, fun learning activities have been created.
By being interactive, i.e. hands-on activities, the learners are able to remember the lessons much better.
The activities have been developed to INCREASE CREATIVITY by:
- Producing creative projects
- Ridding boredom & promoting self-enjoyment
- Encouraging questioning
- Varying approaches
- Problem solving
- Doing physical activities
- Enjoying research. . . etc.
An adjunct objective is that PARENTS and TEACHERS work directly with listeners and HAVE FUN LEARNING!
- Some activities are for younger listeners, some for older, i.e., AGE APPROPRIATE
- Some activities relate to the messages/LYRICS of the song and some relate to the MUSIC of the song
- There are SUPPORTING LINKS in the activities Note: some of the links have advertisements. We are not sponsored by them and do not support them.
- There are VOCABULARY WORDS related to each song
- A few activities require equipment (e.g., magnifying glass), but most use HOUSEHOLD ITEMS